Optimization of Lightweight Composite Structures – A CompoSIDE Case Study in Converting Metallic Structures in Lighter and Stronger Composite Designs
Tuesday 26th April at 2pm GMT
This webinar will present a case study performed to redesign a portable helipad structure into lighter and stronger structure with composite materials.
CompoSIDE will be used to design and develop a lightweight portable helipad, from the initial aluminium alloy structure, to lighter and stronger glass fibres. The webinar will focus on the design engineering steps to create or import the original structure, materials selection for preliminary design and laminate optimization to improve structural performances, reduce costs and weight.
In this webinar you will learn how to:
– Perform an initial selection of composite materials and manufacturing processes
– Design and perform FEA for side by side comparison of metals and composite structures
– Optimize your laminates to improve structural performance while reducing costs and weight
– Automatically generate Bill of Materials for your design candidate
– Compare total materials costs for a number of design cases and materials selections
Join us on Tuesday 26th April at 2pm GMT for this live webinar.
Who Should Attend?
The webinar is aimed to all engineers working, or looking to explore, composite structures. The first half of the webinar will focus primarily on the initial steps undertaken to develop a composite structure from existing metal structures, while the second half will focus on optimization of laminates for improved structural performance and weight and costs reduction.