CompoSIDE Material Database (CMDB)
- Manage and explore your composites materials library from a secure central database, enhancing design consistency and quality
- Fast-track your composites application’s time to market by using the extensive generic composites materials library included with this module
- Smaller organisations can use the materials library included to accelerate design development; larger users can import their own materials data
The CompoSIDE Materials Database (CMDB) is a core CompoSIDE module providing you with integrated composites materials libraries for your organisation. You can introduce materials from the composites materials database included with the module, upload your own data you have developed from testing and use CMDB’s functionality to create your own materials. CMDB interfaces seamlessly with CompoSIDE’s full range of design and engineering modules, so improving your efficiency.
CMDB can incorporate multiple materials data libraries to help you to manage your data. There is the built-in materials library that includes generic composites and other materials data. The company materials library allows you to import and manage your own proprietary materials data. You can also drag and drop materials to populate a projects materials library used for the duration of specific composites development projects. This enables you to use CMDB as a project hub for all members of the project team.
Each searchable material’s database record can store a wide range of standard physical, mechanical and performance properties. To associate other materials data such as standards, test data and manufacturers’ datasheets, you can also use CompoSIDE’s integrated wiki function to create a dedicated wiki page. As well as storing material data, you can use CMDB’s advanced functionality to create new materials, such as plies and layered materials.
Benefits & Features
|Benefits ||Features |
- Reduce composites materials testing costs
- Fast-track your composites application design, shortening time to market
- Improve design consistency and quality across your projects, teams and business
- Maintain control over your users, project members and processes
- Develop innovative composites solutions by creating unique new materials
- Maintain quality assurance (QA) and retain control over your data and designs
- Increase efficiency and productivity by using CMDB as a single hub for materials’ properties
- Enjoy ongoing new features and upgrades with each new release
- A powerful and secure materials database that integrates seamlessly with composites design solution CompoSIDE
- Composites materials design data is included and regularly updated, containing plies, reinforcements, resins, metals, cores, adhesives, and wood
- Create company and project material libraries; upload/import/export your own materials data
- Incorporates PLYGen , a micromechanics function to create new ply materials
- Set roles and access and editing permissions and maintain activity logs
- Web-based Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery
- Regular updates and maintenance including new features
CompoSIDE Material Database (CMDB) – capabilities
CMDB is a core module of CompoSIDE, and integrates seamlessly with its other design, engineering, analysis, project management and process costing modules. It is a materials database with an intuitive user interface that has broad and powerful functionality.
Want to find out more?
Visit Support & Training, where you will find YouTube videos, webinars and presentations.
|Generic composites and other materials database included||CMDB includes a materials library with generic composites materials, featuring a variety of orthotropic, and isotropic materials such as plies, reinforcements, resins, metals, cores, adhesives, and wood.|
|Manage your project and company materials data||You can create, import and manage your own materials libraries. These can include one library for your company, and you can create further libraries for each specific project|
|Add new materials||Adding new materials is easy. You can create a new record and input the physical and mechanical properties by field, and add test data and reference materials. You can also easily add new materials by copying existing records and updating them with fresh data. There is no limit on the number of additional materials you can add.|
|Manage materials selections||Manage and group your materials into specific selections, for example by material or processing type, so that you can conveniently browse within and manage specific materials groupings. You can also modify materials names and descriptions to suit your needs and those of your industry.|
|Create new materials||You can use built-in tools to create your own unique composites materials. Ply generator (PLYGen) is a micromechanics module you can use to generate plies. CMDB can also create multilayered materials based on classical laminate theory (CLT) such as multiaxials. CMDB supports a comprehensive range of material types.|
|Wiki||To support your materials datasheets, you can create linked wiki pages using CompoSIDE’s wiki function. This enables you to upload a wide range of supporting data including standards, test data and certificates and manufacturers’ datasheets.|
|Materials properties processing and comparison||CMDB has integrated auto-updates and calculations, alongside materials comparison tools. When you change the properties of a material record, its values update automatically.|
|Access control, rights and Quality assurance (QA)||You can set access control, roles and permissions for your users, restricting editing rights as required. This ensures that your core data remains consistent. Built-in logs track activity and changes.|
|Exporting data||As well as integrating seamlessly with other CompoSIDE modules, CMDB can export your materials data into a variety of formats. You can export to formatted material properties tables in Excel, and to external FE software.|