BoMGen provides engineering and manufacturing bill of materials consisting of a summary of the material quantities used in the composites application including costs and weights. Using this module, the bill of material is generated automatically for any product created in your project. Additionally BOM subcomponents such as surface elements, beams, bondings and reinforcements can be created manually and edited as and when needed.
BoMGen is seamlessly integrated with CompoSIDE’s modules such as YACHTScant, SECTIONSpace and FESpace enabling automatic generation of bill of material with all quantities defined during the design. A BOM summary in HTML or PDF format with the desired level of detail can be generated using the templates library in REPORTSpace. BoMGen also allows XLS exports of laminate tables showing the stack up properties and material tables showing material properties. This helps the creation of the engineering documentation saving huge amount of time during the development of a composite application.
BoMGen acts as a single reference point. The accurate material quantities and cost stated in the automated BOM reports saves time and costs for all the stakeholders in a project. The ease of updating a BOM due to any material or design change makes this module unique and a must have for engineering, manufacturing and procurement departments.
Benefits & Features
|Benefits ||Features |
- Saves time, cost and minimizes the effort spent generating bill of materials by engineering for the manufacturing, procurement department
- A single reference point for all the stakeholders involved in your project
- Automated calculations decrease the chance of errors
- Auto update of BOM with the seamless integration with other CompoSIDE modules
- Guaranteed data consistency – A centralized database that helps in cascading the changes made in any module in BOM
- Add manual elements such as surface elements, beams, reinforcement and bonding to the BOM if needed
- Export results in XLS format and PDF formats in templates that can be edited or created from scratch
- Topology Management
- Improved Quality control through revision control and single data source
- Automated engineering and manufacturing BOM generation
- Predefined BOM settings management is simple and can be adopted by user at any point. Settings cover wastage, usage, default materials and manufacturing processes
- Clear interface with summary and laminate definition tables, material quantities, weight and cost tables
- Subcomponents can be copied by simple drag and drop
- Materials can be replaced by few clicks
- Bill of material (BOM), summary of all material quantities used in a product
- Part and component weight, centre of gravity (CoG) prediction
- Composites product focused with ability to control product topology
- Component definition based on ply stack approach, Export functionalities for manufacturing drawings
- Seamless integration with REPORTSpace Users have the freedom to define their own BOM report templates